Thursday, December 18, 2008

śabdabhāvanā

I just found an interesting paper of Prof. Kunio Harikai, (Abhidhābhāvanā, in Journal of Indian and Buddhist Studies 36 (18.2), pp.605-606), describing how abhidhābhāvanā has been interpreted as a tatpuruṣa or as a karmadhāraya by the Bhāṭṭa tradition, that is as 
abhidhīyate 'nena iti abhidhā
or as
abhidhīyate yā sā abhidhā
The first interpretation is to be found in Mādhava's Sarvadarśanasaṅgraha:
abhidhābhāvanā ity atra abhidhāśabdena “abhidhīyate anena” iti vyutpattyā śabda ucyate.
Many other Mīmāṃsakas are mentioned (Pārthasārathi Miśra, Someśvara Bhaṭṭa, Umeśa Miśra, Āpadeva). I hope I will find someone who translates for me the exact references, so that I can discuss them.

No comments:

Licenza Creative Commons
Quest' opera è distribuita con licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Non opere derivate 2.5 Italia.